Get Started!

One last thing before jumping in...

We STRONGLY recommend you to take 3 minutes of your time to watch the following video. It introduces the most useful features of Office 365.
Watch a 3-minute video to get started with Office 365

Access the Office 365 Portal

You are now ready to use Office 365 and connect to your Office 365 portal:

1. Go to http://portal.office.com to sign in.
  2. Type your AUP E-mail, ie. your NetID followed by @aup.edu (eg. jsmith@aup.edu or a12345@aup.edu) and your password, and then select Sign in.
  3. You are now logged in to your Office 365 portal where you can access all Office 365 apps from anywhere in the world.

Discover the Office 365 Portal

Frequently Asked Questions

• Get Starting
Expand All | Collapse All
  • 1. How to install Office 2016 on my computer ?

Before installing Office 2016, it is highly recommended that you uninstall any earlier versions of Microsoft Office before proceeding with the installation of Office 2016.  (Click here to see how to uninstall your previous versions of Microsoft Office. )

You can install Office 2016 on your PC or MAC by logging in to your AUP office 365 portal. On your dashboard you will be able to see a red 'Install now' button.  Click on 'Install now'.  You will see a file downloading, with a file name similar to Setup.X86.LANGUAGE-COUNTRY_O365ProPlusRetail_(serial_serialNumber).exe .  Open this file and follow the installation instructions.  After completing the installation, it is recommended that you reboot your computer.

You can also click here  see a step-by-step procedure (with videos) showing how to install Office 2016 on your PC or MAC.

screen-shot-2016-12-02-at-1-25-47-pm

If you need assistance, you can walk-in to the AUP IT service desk, or make an appointment by contacting helpdesk@aup.edu .

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(0) / No(0)
    Viewed 4278 Times
  • 2. Why can't I find the Outlook, Calendar, People and Tasks apps in my Office 365 portal?

The Outlook, Calendar, People and Tasks apps are not available until we have moved your current mailbox to Office 365. They will show up automatically when your mailbox is moved to Office 365.

You can consult the project timeline to know when our mailbox migration is planned. You can also contact us if you want to be part of our early adopters groups.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(0) / No(2)
    Viewed 3080 Times
  • 3. I don't see any apps after first log in to my Office 365 portal. Why and how can I fix that?

If your mailbox has not been moved to Office 365 yet(You can check that on our project timeline), the first time you connect to your Office 365 portal, a few additional steps are required to initialize your account. These steps are detailed in the following slideshow:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(0) / No(1)
    Viewed 2076 Times
  • 4. My email stopped syncing on my mobile device after being migrated to Office 365, what should I do?

If you're using your mobile's built in email application to sync with your AUP email, then you need to remove the profile and set it up again. This is to synchronize with the new configurations.

If you are using the Office 365 Outlook app, you don't need to do anything because the application will automatically update the sync setting.

We recommend you to install the Outlook app on your mobile device (Mac, Android or Windows)

More
    Viewed 2589 Times
  • 5. How to setup my email and Office 365 app on my mobile devices?

Please visit this page to learn how to install your email and other Office 365 apps on your mobile devices:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-Office-apps-and-email-on-a-mobile-device-7dabb6cb-0046-40b6-81fe-767e0b1f014f?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

More
    Viewed 3859 Times
  • 6. How to remove an email profile from your mobile devices?

• 7. How to log in to my AUP Office 365 email?

To log in to your AUP email you need to go to http://portal.office.com

In the username field, enter your AUP email as follows: netID@aup.edu (it's is important to put @aup.edu)

Enter your password in the password filed. (image below)

login

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(3) / No(2)
    Viewed 11933 Times
  • 8. How to open a shared mailbox in browser

A shared mailbox doesn't require a password and you need to have access to it granted by ITS.

Once you have the access granted, to open the email you need to do the following:

1- Login to your aup email (portal.office.com - then choose mail)

2- On the top right hand side there is a small icon showing your profile picture, please click on it

3- Select: "open another mailbox"

2016-10-10-15_54_53-program-manager

4- insert the shared mailbox address, then OK.

2016-10-10-15_55_17-mail-test-student-outlook

The mail will open in a new tab.

To add this email to your outlook online left pane (folder's list):

Use the same steps 1 and 2 as above

3- If you don't see a folder having your name on the left pane, then under folders, click "more" to expand the folder list.

2016-10-10-15_55_39-mail-test-student-outlook

4- right click on your name, then choose "add shared folder ..."

2016-10-10-15_56_01-mail-test-student-outlook

5- Type the shared mailbox address and click "Add"

The email will open as a sub-folder withing your email address.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Best Regards,

ITS Helpdesk

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(1) / No(0)
    Viewed 3460 Times