FAQ

• Office 365 @ AUP
  • Get Starting
  • Office 365
  • Office
  • Outlook
  • Word
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
  • OneNote
  • Access
  • Publisher
  • OneDrive for Business
  • Skype for Business
  • Sharepoint Online
  • Yammer
  • Delve
  • Sway
  • Video
Expand All | Collapse All
  • 1. Does Office 365 allow sharing documents with people outside AUP?

Yes, there are three ways that you can do this:

• You can share an entire site by inviting external users to sign in to your site using a Microsoft account or a work or school account.
    • You can share individual documents by inviting external users to sign in to your site using a Microsoft account or a work or school account.
    • You can post or send users a guest link that they can use to view individual documents on your site anonymously.

Click here to learn how to share documents with people outside AUP.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(0) / No(0)
    Viewed 1898 Times
  • 2. I already have an Office 365 subscription and Office applications are already installed on my personal computer. How can I associate my computer Office applications with my AUP Office 365 account?

Yes, you can associate your Microsoft Office installation to your AUP Office 365 account by following the procedure below:

1-      Open one of the Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word)

2-      Go to File -> Account, then you will be able to visualize / verify the software version on your right hand side (see image)

3-      Sign out from your existing account

4-      Sign in with your AUP Office 365 account

If  your office version is older than 2013 , then you will have to uninstall your old version.

To do that please follow the instructions on the link below:

office365.aup.edu/faqwd/how-to-install-office-2016-on-my-computer/

Need assistance, stop by IT service desk, or make an appointment by contacting helpdesk@aup.edu

2016-03-22 22_47_16-TD - Word

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(2) / No(0)
    Viewed 2815 Times
  • 1. How to install Office 2016 on my computer ?

Before installing Office 2016, it is highly recommended that you uninstall any earlier versions of Microsoft Office before proceeding with the installation of Office 2016.  (Click here to see how to uninstall your previous versions of Microsoft Office. )

You can install Office 2016 on your PC or MAC by logging in to your AUP office 365 portal. On your dashboard you will be able to see a red 'Install now' button.  Click on 'Install now'.  You will see a file downloading, with a file name similar to Setup.X86.LANGUAGE-COUNTRY_O365ProPlusRetail_(serial_serialNumber).exe .  Open this file and follow the installation instructions.  After completing the installation, it is recommended that you reboot your computer.

You can also click here  see a step-by-step procedure (with videos) showing how to install Office 2016 on your PC or MAC.

screen-shot-2016-12-02-at-1-25-47-pm

If you need assistance, you can walk-in to the AUP IT service desk, or make an appointment by contacting helpdesk@aup.edu .

More
    Viewed 4099 Times
  • 2. Why can't I find the Outlook, Calendar, People and Tasks apps in my Office 365 portal?

The Outlook, Calendar, People and Tasks apps are not available until we have moved your current mailbox to Office 365. They will show up automatically when your mailbox is moved to Office 365.

You can consult the project timeline to know when our mailbox migration is planned. You can also contact us if you want to be part of our early adopters groups.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(0) / No(1)
    Viewed 2970 Times
  • 3. I don't see any apps after first log in to my Office 365 portal. Why and how can I fix that?

If your mailbox has not been moved to Office 365 yet(You can check that on our project timeline), the first time you connect to your Office 365 portal, a few additional steps are required to initialize your account. These steps are detailed in the following slideshow:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

More
    Viewed 1920 Times
  • 4. My email stopped syncing on my mobile device after being migrated to Office 365, what should I do?

If you're using your mobile's built in email application to sync with your AUP email, then you need to remove the profile and set it up again. This is to synchronize with the new configurations.

If you are using the Office 365 Outlook app, you don't need to do anything because the application will automatically update the sync setting.

We recommend you to install the Outlook app on your mobile device (Mac, Android or Windows)

More
    Viewed 2344 Times
  • 5. How to setup my email and Office 365 app on my mobile devices?

Please visit this page to learn how to install your email and other Office 365 apps on your mobile devices:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-Office-apps-and-email-on-a-mobile-device-7dabb6cb-0046-40b6-81fe-767e0b1f014f?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

More
    Viewed 3718 Times
  • 6. How to remove an email profile from your mobile devices?

• 7. How to log in to my AUP Office 365 email?

To log in to your AUP email you need to go to http://portal.office.com

In the username field, enter your AUP email as follows: netID@aup.edu (it's is important to put @aup.edu)

Enter your password in the password filed. (image below)

login

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(3) / No(2)
    Viewed 11131 Times
  • 8. How to open a shared mailbox in browser

A shared mailbox doesn't require a password and you need to have access to it granted by ITS.

Once you have the access granted, to open the email you need to do the following:

1- Login to your aup email (portal.office.com - then choose mail)

2- On the top right hand side there is a small icon showing your profile picture, please click on it

3- Select: "open another mailbox"

2016-10-10-15_54_53-program-manager

4- insert the shared mailbox address, then OK.

2016-10-10-15_55_17-mail-test-student-outlook

The mail will open in a new tab.

To add this email to your outlook online left pane (folder's list):

Use the same steps 1 and 2 as above

3- If you don't see a folder having your name on the left pane, then under folders, click "more" to expand the folder list.

2016-10-10-15_55_39-mail-test-student-outlook

4- right click on your name, then choose "add shared folder ..."

2016-10-10-15_56_01-mail-test-student-outlook

5- Type the shared mailbox address and click "Add"

The email will open as a sub-folder withing your email address.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Best Regards,

ITS Helpdesk

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(1) / No(0)
    Viewed 3281 Times
  • 1. Can I share my Microsoft Forms?

Yes! As the author of the form, you have three ways to share your form:

• For users to submit their responses: This is used when your form is complete, and you are ready for others to view, and respond to your form. Their responses are recorded in the Responses section. Users with this link will only be able to submit responses to your form.
    • For users to use your form's template: This option allows others to copy your form to use for themselves. The link allows them to recieve a duplicate of the form's questions. Don't worry, the copied form does not receive the original forms responses.
    • For users to collaborate with you on your form: This option allows others to view and edit your form's questions, options, and responses - anyone with this link can change your form. This is convenient for team collaboration and results sharing.

We will walk through each method of sharing.

Each method requires the Microsoft Form's author to:

1. Log-on to Office 365 using the portal, then open the Microsoft Forms application
    2. Open an existing Form, or create a new form
    3. Click Share

selectFormsImg

formsShareImg

To share your form for other users to submit their responses: 

1. Under Send and collect responses, click the drop-down menu. This will allow you to choose the audience you would like to respond to your form
    2. Use the generated link to share your form for other users to submit their responses

submitFormResponsesImg

To share your form for users to use your form's template:

1. Under Share as a template, click Get a link to duplicate
    2. Send the generated link to anyone you would like to have a personal copy of your form

formTemplateImg

To share your form for other users to collaborate with you:

1. Under Share to collaborate, use the generated link to collaborate on your form.

Note: Anyone with the collaboration link will be able to edit your form and view the form results, be careful who you share this with

formCollaborationImg

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(1) / No(7)
    Viewed 5026 Times
  • 2. How do I change my email signature? (Mac)

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

Before we begin, there are some things you will need in order to update your email signature with a snazzy picture.

1. Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac- When you change your signature one of these outlook applications(Windows, Mac, or through Office 365), it does not update the other outlook applications. So if you plan to send email from a Mac, PC, and through the browser, you will have to go through all three tutorial sections. (dont worry, they dont take very long!)
    2. Microsoft Word - The formatting is so fancy that it needs another application (Word) to fine-tune the spacing and placement
    3. Signature Media (Image) - Most signatures include an image or logo of the senders organization. In our examples, we will be using the AUP Logo

Note: Click here to download the AUP logo (right-click -> Save Image As... -> Save to your desktop)

Create and add a signature in Outlook 2016 for Mac:

1. Open Microsoft Word 2016 (dont have Word? Click here to learn how to download it)
    2. Select Blank Document, then click Create
    3. Click Insert from the top ribbon, then Table, and then click and drag across 1 row and 2 columns 
      InsertTableMac
    4. Select the right column, and type in your email signature.
    5. To format your signature, select the text, and then click Home from the top Ribbon. Apply your desired formatting
    6. Drag your AUP logo from your desktop in to the left table column. Tip: to resize the logo, click the logo, then drag it's borders to the desired size.
    7. Rest the pointer on a column border until the resize icon appears, then drag the columns until the table is the size that you wantAddSigNLogo
    8. Select the Table, then select the Table Design tab
    9. Click the drop-down arrow for Borders and select No BordersnoBorders
    10. Select the table, and click copy (cmd + c)
    11. Open Outlook 2016, then on the outlook menu, click Preferences...OutlookPref
    12. Under E-mail, click Signatures
    13. Click Add ( It is the  + sign under the signature name box) , a new signature appears under Signature name with the name Untitled
    14. Double-click Untitled, and then type a name for the signature (dont worry, this name wont appear in your signature, it is just for reference!)untitledSig
    15. In the right pane labeled Signature, paste the signature that we created in Microsoft WordSithSig
    16. Select the desired options in the Choose default signature section
    17. Close the Signatures dialog box
    More
    Viewed 3383 Times
  • 3. How do I change my email signature? (Office 365)

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

1. Office 365 Mail account - When you change your signature on one of the outlook applications (Windows, Mac, or through Office 365) , it does not update the other outlook applications. So if you plan to send email from a Mac, PC, and through the browser, you will have to go through all three tutorial sections (dont worry, they dont take very long!).
    2. Signature Media (Image) - most signatures include an image or logo of the senders organization. In our examples, we will be using the AUP Logo

Note: Click here to download the AUP logo (Right-click -> Save Image As... -> Save to your desktop)

Create and add a signature in Mail for Office 365: 

1. Log into the Office 365 Portal
    2. Click the Settings Gear (the gear icon in the top right corner), then click Mail under the Your app settings section
    3. On the left side column, navigate to  Options > Layout > Email SignatureaccessSigBrowser2
    4. Click the Image icon, and select the AUP logo on your desktop, then click open
    5. Click enter on your keyboard to start a new line, then enter your signature as desired.
    6. Click Save
    More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(6) / No(2)
    Viewed 2647 Times
  • 4. How to install Office 2016 on my computer ?

screen-shot-2016-12-02-at-1-25-47-pm

More
    Viewed 4099 Times
  • 5. I already have an Office 365 subscription and Office applications are already installed on my personal computer. How can I associate my computer Office applications with my AUP Office 365 account?

2016-03-22 22_47_16-TD - Word

More
    Viewed 2815 Times
  • 6. How do I start using Office 365?

O365Banner1

To start using Office 365 at AUP, you will be contacted by ITS to schedule a date to migrate your email, calendar, and contacts to Office 365.  If you wish to migrate ahead of schedule, please contact ITS to arrange a date.

How can I start learning about Office 365 ?

Click here to start learning how to use Office 365.  ITS will work with you before, during, and after the migration to Office 365 in order to ensure a smooth transition to Office 365.

What should I expect to see when I start using Office 365 ?

Once you are logged in to Office 365, you will see the familiar Office products that you are already using at AUP: mail, calendar, contacts, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

What about my AUP files ?

All of your AUP files will continue to be available in your MyFiles area.  Going forward, as you become more familiar with using Office 365 and its OneDrive component, you can migrate your files and folders to OneDrive, which will enable you to manage directly the organization and sharing of your information.

How do I login to Office 365?

• You will login to AUP's Office 365 at https://portal.office.com
    • Enter your AUP NetID with @aup.edu.  Example:  jsmith@aup.edu.
    • Enter your AUP Password.

After logging in, you will see a screen similar to the following.  Click on any of the icons to use Office 365 components.Collaborate-O365
    Can I work online with my Internet connection?  What if I do not have access to Internet ?

You can use the Microsoft Office online components with your internet connection - Word Online, Excel Online, Powerpoint Online, OneNote Online.  Or you can download the software to your laptop, desktop, tablet, smartphone, or other devices (up to 5).  To work offline, download the Office 365 components you need:  Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.

Using Office 365 - AUP Staff and Faculty

• To access your AUP mail, click on Mail.
    • To access  your AUP mail using Webmail, go to:   http://mail.aup.edu  or  http://outlook.office.com
    • To access your AUP calendar, click on Calendar.
    • To access your AUP contacts, clock on People.
    • To access your AUP Word files, click on Word Online.
    • To access your AUP Excel files, click on Excel Online.
    • To access your AUP Powerpoint files, click on PowerPoint Online.
    • To access your AUP files, use Windows Explorer.
    • To move your AUP files to Office 365, click on OneDrive and upload your files from MyFiles.
    • To work offline, download the Office 365 components you need:  Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.
    OnlineComponents

More
    Viewed 2955 Times
  • 7. What features are in Office 365?

Icon_O365-20x20 Office 365 includes the familiar Office tools that you are already using at AUP, such as Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

Icon_OfficeMoreDevices_55x40Available on PCs, MACs, laptops, tablets, and phones

Use Office across PCs, Macs, laptops, Windows tablets, iPad® and Android™ tablets, and most mobile devices. You can also install Office on up to 5 devices:  PCs, Macs, tablets (Windows, iPad, and Android), and smartphones. Learn morepmg-blue-arrow

Icon_Mobility_55x40Mobility

Synchronize your AUP email, calendar, and contacts.  View and edit Office documents with Office Online using any of your devices (up to 5). Learn morepmg-blue-arrow

Icon_OfficeOnline_55x40Office Online

Create and edit documents using Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel using any modern browser. Learn morepmg-blue-arrow

Icon_EmailCalendars_55x40 Email and calendars

Use email through with a familiar Outlook experience from your desktop or from a web browser using Outlook on the web. Use 50GB of storage with unlimited archive storage per user. Also, send attachments up to 150 MB.  Learn morepmg-blue-arrow

Icon_FileShare_55x40File storage and sharing

OneDrive stores and manages your files and gives you 1 TB of personal cloud storage that can be accessed from anywhere and syncs with your devices for offline access. Easily share information with AUP colleagues and students. Learn morepmg-blue-arrow

Icon_Skype_55x40Teleconferencing and Instant messaging with Skype

Connect with instant message, voice calls, and video calls..  Learn more

Icon_Yammer_55x40Corporate social network

Yammer collaboration software and business applications allows you to connect with AUP colleagues and students, share information by course or project. Learn morepmg-blue-arrow
    More
    Viewed 2349 Times
  • 8. What is Office 365?

With Office 365, you can work either online using your internet connection or offline using your installed versions of the Microsoft Office software that you are already using at AUP:   Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

O365-screen

In addition to the Office components that you are already using, there are several new features that are also available with Office 365 to enhance collaboration and sharing of information with AUP colleagues and students.

• Organize your files with 1 terabyte of space using OneDrive .
    • Share ideas with your AUP colleagues, students, and project groups using Yammer.
    • Manage your AUP work using Projects, Planner, and Tasks.
    • Collaborate in real-time and develop course material using OneNote and Class Notebook.

Going forward, even more new Office 365 features will be made available, enabling you to:

• Communicate with project groups using Skype for Business.
    • Brainstorm and map out concepts using Sway, a digital storytelling app.
    • Create websites using Sharepoint.
    • Catalogue your AUP videos using Video
    • Find information easily across all your AUP data using Delve.

Icon_O365-20x20

Sharing AUP Information

Office 365 makes it easier to share documents and work with AUP colleagues and students at the same time.

Work together on AUP documents, papers, theses, and projects

Brainstorm and collaborate with colleagues by coauthoring in Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Improved version history lets you refer back to snapshots of a document during the editing process.

Simplified sharing

Share right from your document with a click of a button. Or use the new modern attachments in Outlook—attach files from OneDrive and automatically configure permission without leaving Outlook.

Office across all of your devices (up to 5 devices per user)

Review, edit, analyze, and present your documents across any of your devices —from your PC or Mac to your Windows, Apple®, and Android™ phones and tablets.

Image_OfficeMoves_713x361

Work on or off the AUP campus - Office moves with you

From AUP to home to your favorite café, stay connected to what's important—  AUP coursework, research, projects, and communication using all of your devices.

Bring all your AUP data together with OneDrive cloud storage

Easily save your AUP information to your online cloud storage and switch from one of your devices to the next without missing a beat. Office apps pick up right where you left off, regardless of the device you were using.

More
    Viewed 1976 Times
  • 1. How do I change my email signature? (Windows)

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

1. Outlook application - When you change your signature on one of the outlook applications(Windows, Mac, or through Office 365), it does not update the other types of outlook applications. So if you plan to send email from a Mac, PC, and through the browser, you will have to go through all three tutorial sections (dont worry, they dont take very long!)
    3. Signature Media (Image) - most signatures include an image or logo of the senders organization. In our examples, we will be using the AUP Logo

Create and add a signature in Outlook 2016 for Windows: Watch Video

3. Click Insert from the top ribbon, then Table, and then click and drag across 1 row and 2 columns InterTableWin
    5. To format your signature, select the text, and then click Home from the top Ribbon. Apply your desired formatting.
    7. Rest the pointer on a column border until the resize icon appears, then drag the columns until the table is the size that you want.
      AddSigNLogo
    8. Select the Table, then select the Table Design tab.
    9. Click the drop-down arrow for Borders and select No BordersNoBordersWin
    10. Select the table, and click copy 
    11. Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 
    12. Create a new email message
    13. On the Message tab, in the Include group, choose Signature > Signatures...MSWemailsig
    14. Under Select signature to edit, choose New, and in the New Signature dialog box, type a name for the signature.
    15. Under Choose default signature, set the following options for your signature:
      • In the E-mail account list, choose an email account to associate with the signature. You can have different signatures for each email account.
      • In the New messages list, choose the signature that you want to be added automatically to all new email messages. If you don't want to auto sign your new email messages, accept the default option of (none).
      • In the Replies/forwards list, choose the signature that you want to be added automatically (auto sign) when you reply to or forward messages. Otherwise, accept the default option of (none).
    16. Under Edit signature, type the signature, and then choose OK.SithSigWin2
    More
    Viewed 2985 Times

2016-03-22 22_47_16-TD - Word

More
    Viewed 2815 Times
  • 3. How to Install Office 2016 on my computer ?

installoffice2016

More
    Viewed 2074 Times
  • 1. What is the size of my mailbox in Office 365?

Your mailbox will have a storage capacity of 50 GB

More
    Viewed 2684 Times
  • 2. How do I remove my exchange account from my iPhone, or iPad?

Use the instructions below to remove an Exchange account on your iPhone or iPad:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The Accounts screen will open.
    2. On the Accounts screen, tap the Exchange Account you want to remove.
    3. Scroll down and click Delete Account. A Delete Account warning window will open.
    4. On the Delete Account warning window, click Delete Account to finish. You have successfully deleted your Exchange account.
    More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(1) / No(37)
    Viewed 24239 Times
  • 3. How do I change my email signature? (Mac)

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

InsertTableMac
    12. Under E-mail, click Signatures
    17. Close the Signatures dialog box
    More
    Viewed 3383 Times
  • 4. How do I change my email signature? (Windows)

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

AddSigNLogo
    10. Select the table, and click copy 
    11. Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 
    12. Create a new email message
    More
    Viewed 2985 Times
  • 5. How do I change my email signature? (Office 365)

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

1. Log into the Office 365 Portal
    6. Click Save
    More
    Viewed 2647 Times
  • 6. How to setup my AUP email on my windows phone ?

AUP uses Microsoft Exchange mail system.

Go to Settings > email+accounts > add an account > choose EXCHANGE.

PRT CC 410

In the Email address field enter: NetID@aup.edu

In the Password field enter: NetID Password

Press sign in.

windowsphone002

In the User name field enter: NetID@aup.edu

In the Domain field enter: aup.edu

Press sign in

windowsphone003

.

Press advanced

windowsphone004

In the Server field enter: outlook.office365.com

Press sign in.

windowsphone005

Find out more about Office 365 mobile setup

More
    Viewed 2734 Times
  • 7. How can I add a shared mailbox as additional account in my Outlook?

• 8. Reply Setting: How can I set the default button to be "reply" instead of "reply all"

In Office 365 Outlook online, press on the setting wheel at the top right and type in "Automatic Processing mail"

Click on "Automatic Processing Mail" and in the left panel, choose "Reply Setting"

setting-reply-instead-of-reply-all

Select "reply" instead of "reply all"

More
    Viewed 1630 Times
  • 9. How To: Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on iOS (iPhone or iPad)

How To: Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on iOS (iPhone or iPad)

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Add Account. From the choices available, go to the bottom and choose “Other” to manually set up the shared mailbox account.

sharedmailbox_ios_01On the Other screen, select “Add Mail Account.” In the new screen, you will enter:

• Name – The name that will be displayed to recipients on email
    • Email – The shared mailbox’s email (e.g., sharedEmail@aup.edu)
    • Password – Your personal email password
    • Description – Anything you choose to describe the account on your device

img_9256

Select “Next” to get to the full settings. Make sure that at the top of the new screen the type of account highlighted is IMAP.

img_9261Scroll down to the “Incoming Mail Server” section, where you will enter:

• Host Name – outlook.office365.com
    • User Name – Your AUP email [netID]@aup.edu/the shared mailbox’s name (e.g., a999999@aup.edu/sharedEmail)

img_9257Scroll down again to the “Outgoing Mail Server” section, where you will enter:

• Host Name – smtp.office365.com
    • User Name – [netid]@aup.edu

img_9258Select “Next” and wait for the server to verify your settings. When complete, you will be presented with the option of what you want to sync. Make your choices, and select “Save.”

Now you will find the shared account in your Mail app, under Mailboxes, with the description name you gave it.

More
    Viewed 10526 Times
  • 10. How To: Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on Android

How To: Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on Android

Go to Settings and then add an account under the Accounts settings.

From the list of types, select your device’s mail application.

This is called “Mail” or “Email.” Do NOT choose Exchange ActiveSync.

On the first screen, enter:

• Email address – The shared mailbox’s email (e.g., sharedEmail@aup.edu)

Select “Manual Setup” to go to the detailed incoming mail settings, and enter:

• Type of account/Protocol – IMAP
    • Username – [netID]@aup.edu/the shared mailbox’s name (e.g., a999999@aup.edu/sharedEmail)
    • Email address – If it doesn’t carry over from the previous screen, re-enter the shared mailbox’s email (e.g.,a999999@aup.edu)
    • Password – If it doesn’t carry over from the previous screen, re-enter your personal email password
    • IMAP Server – outlook.office365.com
    • Security Type – SSL
    • Port – Leave as is

Select “Next”

It will take a moment to check the server settings, and then to go to the detailed outgoing mail settings. Enter:

• Username – [netID]@aup.edu
    • SMTP Server – smtp.office365.com
    • Security Type – TLS/TLS (accept all certificates)
    • Server Port – Leave as is
    • Checkbox to require login – Make sure it is checked

Select “Next.” It will take a few moments for the server to connect and the sync to start.

You will be prompted to select a name for the mailbox and to enter the name that will appear in the From field when you send mail.

The shared mailbox should appear as an additional account in your mail app.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(9) / No(37)
    Viewed 91146 Times
  • 11. How to open a shared mailbox in browser

3- Select: "open another mailbox"

2016-10-10-15_54_53-program-manager

The mail will open in a new tab.

Use the same steps 1 and 2 as above

Best Regards,

ITS Helpdesk

More
    Viewed 3281 Times
  • 12. How do I configure my reply settings?

Tired of sending the entire campus your personal information? We hear ya. Below are the steps you can take to change your default reply settings.

Reply vs. Reply All settings.

1. Click the Reply menu button
    2. Click Change default
    3. Click either Reply or Reply all

replyvsreplyallss

More
    Viewed 1720 Times
  • 13. How do I change the settings for Clutter?

There is junk mail - which is usually spam. And then there is Clutter - which are emails Microsoft noticed you don't really care about. Emails that end up in the Clutter folder are low-priority emails that Microsoft Outlook noticed you don't open very often. Because things go into Clutter based on your behavior (and how important it is flagged), you can "train" Outlook to not put things in the Clutter folder. Do you just want Clutter turned off? See the directions below on how to handle your Clutter.

Turn Clutter Off

1. Click the Settings gear
    2. Click Mail
    3. Click Clutter
    4. Click Separate items identified as clutter

Edit Clutter settings

Train Your Clutter

You may not want to get rid of  the Clutter feature all together. Thankfully, there is a way to "train" Clutter to put the emails (that you care about) back into your inbox.

Note: Moving items back into your inbox tells Clutter: Hey, from now on, I would like to start seeing these in my inbox.

1. Make sure you are in the Mail Application in Office 365
    2. Click the Clutter folder
    3. Look through the emails, and click the Move to Inbox button (Looks like a paintbrush with a red circle)

trainclutterss

More
    Viewed 2765 Times
  • 14. How do I activate Bcc?

Using blind carbon copy (BCC) allows you to send emails without the other email recipients being visible to one another. This comes in handy when you need to send a mass email, but only want the replies to be visible to you (even if someone accidentally uses Reply All).

Another way to think about it;  if you receive an email, which utilized Bcc,  the email will not show you the other individuals who also received the same email.  So how do you activate Bcc?

Note: When composing a Bcc email, it is good practice to indicate, within the message, the group(s) the message is being sent to. (ie. "Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students")

The Easy Way

Click The Bcc icon in the top right corner of the email

easyactivatebccss

Would you rather the Bcc field to just be there?

1. Click the Settings gear
    2. Click Mail
    3. Click Message format

permenablebccss

More
    Viewed 2046 Times

Microsoft_Outlook_2013_logo.svg

Prerequisites:

AddSigNLogo
    10. Select the table, and click copy 
    11. Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 
    12. Create a new email message
    More
    Viewed 2985 Times
  • 1. Can I password protect sections of OneNote? Individual pages?

Sections, yes.  Pages no.  To password protect a section just right-click the section on the navigation pane or on the tab at the top and select "Password protect this section" from the context menu.

Pick a good pass phrase to encrypt your section with.

More
    Viewed 3744 Times
  • 2. How can I learn more about using Staff Notebooks?

This interactive guide walks you through how to use the OneNote Staff Notebook.
    Also, Click here to read more about OneNote Staff Notebook.

More
    Viewed 1879 Times
  • 1. What will happen to my files on OneDrive for Business once I graduate?

You will continue to have access to your files after you graduate.   Your AUP NetID will stay active as long as you use your AUP account.  After six months of inactivity, your AUP login will be deactivated.

When your AUP account has been deactivated, you will have 30 days to recover your data from OneDrive for Business before your files are permanently deleted.

To reactivate your account, contact helpdesk@aup.edu.

Please note that if you have installed Office 2016 on your personal devices, the software will no longer be active when you graduate.

More
    Viewed 3108 Times
  • 2. What is the difference between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business?

OneDrive is a free online personal storage that you get with either a Microsoft account or Outlook.com. You can use OneDrive to save documents, photos, and other files in the cloud, share them with friends, and even collaborate on content.

OneDrive for Business is online storage intended for business purposes. Your OneDrive for Business is managed by your organization and lets you share and collaborate on work documents with co-workers. Site collection administrators in your organization control what you can do in the library.

Note    In the header or elsewhere on your SharePoint or Office 365 site, ‘OneDrive’ appears as an abbreviation of OneDrive for Business to keep things simpler.

More
    Viewed 5986 Times
  • 3. Can I have both OneDrive and OneDrive for Business at the same time?

Yes you can have OneDrive and OneDrive for business at the same time.

OneDrive can be installed separately from https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/ and you will be asked to be logged in from your Microsoft or your outlook account if you have one.

OneDrive for Business comes with office 365 pack, once you install office 2016 on your computer you will be able to see the OneCloud for business icon in your drive list.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(2) / No(11)
    Viewed 15153 Times
  • 4. What can't I sync to OneDrive for business ?

1- Files currently open

2- Files greater than 10-gigabyte (GB)

3- OneNote notebooks

4- Mapped or Network Drive

5- Invalid characters in file or folder names: # % < > : " | ? *

6- The following strings in file names :

.ashx
    .asmx
    .json
    .soap
    .svc
    .xamlx
    .files
    ~$
    ._
    .laccdb
    .tmp
    .tpm
    thumbs.db
    EhThumbs.db
    Desktop.ini
    .DS_Store
    Icon
    .lock

7- The following strings in folder names:

_files
    -Dateien
    _fichiers
    _bestanden
    _file
    _archivos
    -filer
    _tiedostot
    _pliki
    _soubory
    _elemei
    _ficheiros
    _arquivos
    _dosyalar
    _datoteke
    _fitxers
    _failid
    _fails
    _bylos
    _fajlovi
    _fitxategiak
    _vti_

For more information please visit Microsoft website:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125202

More
    Viewed 2296 Times
  • 5. Can I copy files from my personal OneDrive to OneDrive for business?

Yes, in order to copy files between personal OneDrive and OneDrive for Business:

1. Sync both versions of OneDrive to your local computer. See Sync OneDrive for Business or site libraries to your computer for more info.
    2. Open both folders on your computer, and copy or drag files from one folder to the other.
    3. Re-sync both folders with OneDrive.

More
    Was this answer helpful ? Yes(3) / No(47)
    Viewed 47197 Times
  • 6. What is going to happen to files on MyFiles ?

Your files and folders that are stored on Myfiles won't be affected, neither they will be moved to OneDrive for Business, however we encourage you to move them yourself.

More
    Viewed 2329 Times
  • 7. How can I use OneDrive for business to collaborate with others?

Source:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-documents-or-folders-in-Office-365-1FE37332-0F9A-4719-970E-D2578DA4941C

Share a document by using Get a link

You can share a link to a document that others can also share by using Get a link. Get a link is available only for individual files, but it’s the easiest way to share documents with everyone in your organization or to share with people externally (as long as external sharing is enabled for your sites).

Go to OneDrive for Business or the site library that has the document you want to share.

Right-click the document you want to share, and then select Get a link. If you don't see Get a link, click Share, and then click Get a link.

Screenshot of Sharing a document by using Get a link

Choose the type of link you want to create.

Screenshot of choosing a link
    Links for internal sharing:
    • Edit link – account required People in your organization can edit, copy, or download the document.
    • View link – account required People in your organization can view, copy, or download the document.

Guest links:

• Edit link – no sign-in required People outside your organization can edit, copy, and download the document.
    • View link – no sign-in required People outside your organization can view, copy, and download the document.

Notes: If you see only a restricted link option instead of the options shown here, sharing links may be disabled or you may not have permission to use them. For information about how to enable sharing, see Video: Share a site without access request.

If guest access is disabled, you'll see only account required options.If you choose a no sign-in required link and you want to set the link to expire, click Set expiration, and then choose how long before the link expires, such as 30 days. Account required links don’t expire and there’s no option to set an expiration for those links.

Screenshot of Setting an Expiration for a guest link

Click Copy to copy the link to the clipboard.Paste the link into an email and send it or post it on a website for the people you want share with.

Notes:

• Links created by using Get a link are not discoverable by search, so only people who receive a link from someone else can use it.
    • No sign-in required links are guest links that are ideal for external sharing. These links are available by default in Office 365, but administrators can disable external sharing for your sites. For details, see Share sites or documents with people outside your organization.
    • You can remove no sign-in required links at any time in the Share dialog box mentioned in the steps above. The REMOVE link is right next to the Copy button.
    • Site administrators can restrict sharing so that only owners can share files and sites. For information about how to enable sharing links, see Video: Share a site without access request.

Share a document or folder by inviting people

To share folders or to share documents when Get a link isn’t available, you can invite people.

Go to OneDrive for Business or the site library that has the document or folder you want to share.

Right-click the file you want to share, and then select Share.

Screenshot of sharing a document by right-clicking and then choosing Share

In the Share dialog box on the Invite people tab, type names or email addresses of people you want to share the document or folder with.Screenshot of sharing a file in OneDrive for Business

Select a permission setting, such as Can edit

Select a permission setting for people invited to share a document

If you want, type a message to be included with an email that’s sent to all invitees. The email includes a link to the shared document.If you don't want to send an email, uncheck Send an email invitation (you may need to click Show Options first).Click Share.

More
    Viewed 7915 Times
  • 8. What about my AUP files?

More
    Viewed 2538 Times
  • 1. Can I download a Sway?

You can't download a Sway. Sway requires an Internet connection and needs to remain online to manage the layout of your content.

More
    Viewed 5399 Times
  • 1. How do I begin using Lynda.com?

Would you like to learn new skills? Use online learning services at Lynda.aup.edu to access more than 2600 courses. Create your own profile while logged into the AUP network. Then, use Lynda.aup.edu on or off campus.

To begin using Lynda.aup.edu :

1. Go to Lynda.aup.edu
    2. First-time users should create a profile while logged into the AUP network.
    3. Once you have created a profile, you can login to Lynda.aup.edu online learning services anytime, on or off campus, using your personal profile

lynda-aup-edudirections

More
    Viewed 2932 Times
  • 2. Need to know more about Office 365 Video?

Click here to learn more about Office 365 videos

More
    Viewed 1788 Times